summer

Friday, December 10, 2010

Cards 4 Cancer

At the beginning of 2010 I stumbled onto a blog that was talking about Handmade & store bought cards to be collected and distributed to cancer patients across the United States to cheer them up during some of their roughest times...Chemo Treatment.
Because my life had been touched by cancer and I have been involved in th American Cancer Society's "Relay for Life" for the past 8 years, I felt it only fitting to jump in with both feet, so off to spread the word and get cards made and collected. So I asked my youth 4-H group to participate and a local school that my family attends too. I also had some scrappin' friends join in and the picture above shows approx. 365 cards. Here is my very Best Scrappin' Buddy Adriana and myself at a Relay for Life Crop event we hosted in March to make and collect cards. Here is the day of delivery April 12th, myself, Katherine for Marian Cancer Center and Josh representing St. Pat's School and Nipomo 4-H. I am so proud of what we all accomplished, it is truly amazing and has touched people in ways we can't imagine.



No comments: